DIY Argan Lotion Bars...


After reading about the benefits of argan oil I wanted to make argan oil beauty products for myself. A google search lead me to many expensive options (still with some weird ingredients) but after reading other blogs I decided to jump on the band wagon and make some lotion bars.I would encourage anyone to try to make some for themselves....

$18.00 for .24 oz of actual lip product.

I already had the argan oil that I picked up for roughly $12 at the local nature supply shop. I grudgingly got the following products off Amazon since I couldn't find them locally.... 

The process was quick; surprisingly only took 1 episode of True Blood to melt. I just eyeballed the main ingredients (about 4 oz coconut oil, 4 oz of shea butter, 4 oz of beeswax) and added some old eye shadow to the mix along with aragan, vanilla, and lavender essential oil.

***Use a glass container that it easy to pour.*** 

For packaging I just put them in a parchment paper sleeve and then into a small resealable bag with a sticker.

It is fool proof! I actually forgot to put in the essential oils so I just dropped a few in the individual molds before they cooled. It would have been easy to make a bunch of different types.

After using just a couple times... I know what all the hub bub is about now!